Our treatment approach is first to relieve or decrease pain, stress and discomfort, then target the underlying causes of the imbalance or malfunction or systems in the body to bring function back to normal. The holistic approach includes procedures, medication(no narcotics), injections, lifestyle assessment, consoling nutrition, exercise and posture retraining.
We are compassionate and professional and confident that through our expertise and dedication to patient care we can help relieve patients’ pain while preventing a recurrence of the symptoms that caused them to seek our help in the first place.
On the initial visit, Dr. Huang will do a comprehensive consultation for patients’ complaint(s) and condition. She will do an in-depth evaluation including:
- Medical history, including physical and mental health, medications and lifestyle
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Sporting activity
- Physical exercise
- Work activity
- Physical examination
- Review of your medical records, imaging report and laboratory testing
- If needed, recommendation of additional testing
Base on this information, Dr. Huang will create an individualized treatment plan, discuss it with the patient and then carry out the treatment plan, including procedures (acupuncture, physical therapy, injections, home exercise program), medications ( no narcotics), lifestyle management, behavioral modification and, if needed, give recommendations for other services or specialist referral, such as orthopedics or interventional pain management.
Every person or situation is unique. Some injuries or pain need only acupuncture, physical therapy or medication. Other injuries require medication combined with acupuncture or physical therapy. Some other cases even need surgery, followed by extensive acupuncture or physical therapy for rehabilitation.
- Trigger point injections
- Joint injections
- Tendon and bursa injections
- Physical therapy
- Exercise plan
- Knee injuries: tendon and meniscus and joint injuries
- Hip and hamstring strain, adductor injury, hip bursitis
- Shoulder and arm injury, rotator cuff or labrum injuries
- Elbow injuries, tennis elbow
- Lower back injury, strain/ sprain
- Foot and ankle injury, plantar fasciitis
- Headache/ migraine
- Facial pains
- Neck pains
- Lower back pain
- Herniated disc disease
- Wrist/ hand pains, carpal tunnel syndrome or repetitive use syndromes
- Ankle and foot pain (plantar fasciitis, etc.)
- Posture retraining (Imbalance of muscle tightness and weakness)
Rehabilitation after hip or knee replacement, carpal tunnel release, shoulder surgeries, neck and lower back surgeries, other general surgery recovery, gastrointestinal surgery, cancer patient pain management. etc.
We also use acupuncture to treat stress-related pain and other conditions:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Menopause symptoms and PMS
- Stress-induced sexual dysfunction
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Weight control
- Facial rejuvenation